Sunday, May 08, 2011

Just in time,for breakfast!" Superfast Jellyfish

I had this amazing luck to work with a friend in a professional way- she had to give out a magazine for the uni, made as if it had to be sold for the public (published, duh). Obviously we weren't payed for this, but you know do not how useful this to me. What the client wants, specific opinions and changes, etc. She was very patient with me tho- I think that's quite surreal in the business world X)

Ok, before I begin, please, pretty please. No politic comments/points of view, rants, "you'rewrongI'mright" silliness. Just have fun and enjoy.

What she really wanted to do I can't really tell, ha. I should read the whole mag (I don't have a copy... yet) but I can give you a vague idea. Some kind of parody to those who handle the world their way (a.k.a politicians). Some are better than others.




The following images illustrate certain quotes by certain USA presidents. For example:

-"Boys, I may not know much, but I know chicken shit from chicken salad." Lyndon B Johnson



"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." Abe Lincoln



"We can do it" parody, used to complement a section on Sarah Palin.



"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Theodore Roosevelt


"If you can't convince them, confuse them." - Harry S. Truman


"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers." Thomas Woodrow Wilson



Front cover- predicting Sarah Palin's future.


An attempt for the mag logo: Pac-Rat





Another



The "chosen one"


And... I guess this would be the last post. For a few days, at least.

6 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

Really fun images as always....your composition skills are always inspiring...

P

La Mujer Desconocida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PiroShka Magä said...

Q haces english girl!! Estos son los dibus de la revista?? Mm... Estan acabados che? Como q les falta algo de onda.. Ya me contaras,

Sigo mirando

Sesbö

PiroShka Magä said...

te dejo un blog algo conocido
www.levtokart.blogspot.com

PiroShka Magä said...

te dejo un blog algo conocido
www.levtokart.blogspot.com

shane oakley said...

these are wonderful! such strong shapes and bold use of black.